Just like independent insurance agents, real estate agents need errors and omissions insurance. And as a BIM agent, you have access to Travelers 1st ChoiceSM for Real Estate Professionals to protect them.
Check out these product features:
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage resulting from a covered professional service(s).
- Disciplinary proceeding defense expenses reimbursement up to $25,000.
- Increased liability limits available for those who qualify.
- Defense expenses related to covered claims in additional to the limits of coverage.
- Deductible applies to defense expenses, unless endorsed or not allowed by state.
- Option to provide prior acts coverage without a retroactive date limitation, for those who qualify.
- Many extended reporting period options, including an unlimited time period endorsement option.
- No exclusion for fair-housing discrimination committed in real estate professional services as a real estate agent or broker.
- No exclusion for losses resulting from a real estate agent or broker failing to advise a buyer or seller that pollution, fungi and bacteria exists on a property.
- No sub-limits for certain types of claims.
- Coverage for employees and independent contractors of the insured automatically included as protected persons for claims resulting from professional services they perform for the named insured.
Coverage is available on admitted paper in all states with the exception of CA, HI, and LA. Log in to Big “I” Markets at www.bigimarkets.com and click on Real Estate Agents E&O to learn more or to request a quote. To help you persuade prospects, download this flyer with eye-opening claims scenarios.
Need Realtor® prospects or contact information for a Realtor you know? Try the “Find a Realtor” feature located here. Call five a day and you’ll be homing in on sales in no time!
Andrew McElhannon is the Member Services Coordinator for the Independent Insurance Agents of Georgia www.iiag.org, and can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org or b y phone at 770-458-0093, x.110, or 800-878-6487.