Get an Edge with Employment Practices Liability
If you visit the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission web site you’ll notice a menu bar on the left side called “Newsroom.” Check out these links for some recent stories… all published within the last week.
- Orland Park Janitorial Company to Pay $360,000 to Resolve Claim of Discrimination against Hispanics – 5/2/2013
- EEOC Sues Cal-Maine Foods for Racial and Sexual Harassment, Retaliation – 5/2/2013
- Jury Awards $240 Million for Long-Term Abuse of Workers with Intellectual Disabilities -5/1/2013
- EEOC Wins Jury Verdict of More than $20 Million for Sexual Harassment and Retaliation– 5/1/2013
The EEOC also recently reported that there were nearly 100,000 bias charges reported in the 2012 fiscal year.
Do you have a go-to market for offering employment practices liability to ensure your clients have the right protection in place? Turn to Big “I” Markets to access Employment Practices Liability+SM with Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement from Travelers. This coverage is available as an endorsement to the Pac program. (It is not a stand-alone product.)
Here are some product features:
Travelers EPL+ offers critical insurance coverage for claims against employers for wrongful employment practices such as discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and more. As a compliment to the insurance coverage, Master Pac policyholders with EPL+ will have access to Travelers Risk Management PLUS+ Online® at no additional cost.
Risk Management PLUS+ Online®
Delivered through a dynamic, web-based platform, this comprehensive set of tools is designed to help prevent workplace wrongs and reduce the risk of employment claims. Risk Management PLUS+ Online offers:
- Web based risk management training including Best Practices for Preventing Workplace Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and Wrongful Termination.
- Weekly articles on today’s workplace issues
- Checklists to help your clients evaluate their current approach to employment issues.
- Access to an EPL call-in help line managed by Jackson Lewis LLP. Let this nationally recognized employment law firm answer your clients general questions about workplace concerns.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
In addition to the employment practices liability protection offered through EPL+, Travelers further enhances this product offering with identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage. This coverage, like the EPL product above, is available as an endorsement to the Pac program. (It is not a stand-alone product.)
Approximately 11 million people are victims of identity fraud annually. This means that one in every 28 consumers fall victim to the crime, with total out-of-pocket expenses exceeding $4.9 billion. Identity fraud expense reimbursement allows your clients to offer their employees coverage for many of those out-of-pocket expenses associated with restoring their identity including: lost wages, attorneys’ fees, daycare and eldercare expenses. In addition, Travelers provides risk management guidance.
Click here to download a highlight sheet you can share with your clients. Submit a quote by logging into www.bigimarkets.com, select the Travelers Select Accounts product and request the product as an endorsement.
Andrew McElhannon is the Member Services Coordinator for the Independent Insurance Agents of Georgia www.iiag.org, and can be contacted at: email@example.com or b y phone at 770-458-0093, x.110, or 800-878-6487.